Presenting Yourself and Your Work in a Memorable Way
Presenting one-self and one’s own work is an essential skill for a young researcher. The impact you will have as a scientist in the scientific community will also depend on the way you present yourself and your work. In this course we will focus on you as a presenter. Together we will uncover the core drivers/motivations behind your story and provide structure to bring your message across in an impactful way. Multiple opportunities to actively practice short presentations will help you to gain confidence and to discover the storyteller inside you.
Goals of the course
In this course, participants will:
- increase the awareness of their skills and competencies
- develop an understanding of what drives their work
- develop their ability to present themselves and their work in a structured and memorable way
- improve their presentation skills
- gain confidence in interacting with the audience
- Know your skills and competencies
- Focus on structure: telling a coherent story and making it essential
- Focus on methods: making a difference without digital aids
- Focus on performance and impact: structure, voice, body language
- Handling questions
- Dealing with special challenges: stage fright, blackout, panic
The attendance is free of charge for the postdocs/assistant professors employed at BRIC/Finsen.
Postdocs and assistant professors from other departments at the university of Copenhagen will be able to participate if seats are available. Price: 4600 DKK
You are required to attend both full days.
If you don´t show up or cancel your participation less than 2 weeks before the workshop, you will be charged the full cost of the workshop.
Number of participants: limited to 16
When: October 29-30: 9am-6pm and October 31: 9am-1pm
Deadline for applying: October 1