Biotech Research & Innovation Centre (BRIC) was established in 2003 by the Danish Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation to form an elite centre in biomedical research.
Mission & aims
BRIC’s mission is devoted to biomedical research, primarily within cancer and neurological diseases. Our goal is to contribute to a basic understanding of how and why disease occurs, to discover new disease-related genes, potential targets and biomarkers, in order to provide more efficient treatments for patients.
Our main aims are to:
- Perform cutting-edge basic biomedical research in an open and diverse environment fostering interdisciplinarity and collaboration
- Offer outstanding research training of young scientists
- Translate research findings into societal value
- Molecular cancer etiology
- Translational cancer research
- RNA biology
- Stem cell biology
- Biology of neurological disorders
- Computational biology