Negotiation-Mindset and tools for lasting partnerships
At the end of the workshop, the participants will:
- Recognize the characteristics and consequences of various styles of interactions, whether conflictual or not;
- Understand how to build relationships based on interest and opportunity, rather than on conflict or persuasion;
- Get an overview and analysis of the entire negotiation process and master each step;
- Acquire the objectivity and competence necessary to prepare and lead negotiations;
- Know how to prepare in an efficient and detailed way: what they want, how to quantify their aim, how to break it down into negotiable units;
- Master tools directly usable in daily life, whether they are called on to negotiate or not;
- Learn how to use effective questioning techniques, and verbal / non-verbal communication;
- Understand how to build and make an offer, and reach an agreement;
- Increase their negotiation capacities (hands-on practice) in a “risk-free” environment, thus enabling them to be more efficient, save time and share a coherent approach.
- Increase their capacity to build collaborative partnerships.
Instructor: Melissa Davies
Melissa is graduate of the London School of Economics and a truly international consultant with broad experience in management, particularly within the fields of organisational development, partnership brokering and fundraising, information technology, quality assurance, security and project management. She is an independent professional negotiator with over 18 years experience of both negotiating agreements and training negotiation skills, and conflict management (see www.negoservices.com for references). Customers include academia, scientific research institutes, the private sector and non-profit organisations.
The attendance is free of charge for the postdocs/assistant professors employed at BRIC/Finsen.
Postdocs and assistant professors from other departments at the university of Copenhagen will be able to participate if seats are available. Price: 3300 DKK
You are required to attend both full days.
If you don´t show up or cancel your participation less than 2 weeks before the workshop, you will be charged the full cost of the workshop
Number of participants limited: 12
When: 28, 29 (9am till 5:30pm) and 30 (9am till 12:30pm) August 2019
Deadline for applying: August 1